Friday, April 5, 2013

3 STARS | The Blind Cupid by Karyn Gerrard

Title: The Blind Cupid
Series: The Edge #56, The Blind Cupid #1
Author: Karyn Gerrard
Age Group: Adult
Genres: Historical, Erotica, Romance
Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company, LLC
Format: PDF
ASIN: B00ANEKKOE
Published: December 12th, 2012
Source: FMB Promotions
Events: Book Tour
Rating: ★★★
Series Reviews: The Edge: Night Music | Hypnotist | Friends with Benefits | Treason and Treacle




Was Cupid blind?

Anne Sommer, a spinster firmly on the shelf, does the unthinkable. She hires a man to give her pleasure for one night. Anne wants the erotic memories to keep her company in the lonely years ahead. She did not expect the young man who showed up at her door to move her in ways she never imagined.

Desmond Glover gives pleasure---for a price. An orphan whose childhood was mired in scandal and poverty, Desmond has learned to close off his emotions with regard to his occupation. He did not count on a lonely spinster to awaken his hidden passion.

Not only do the years separate them, but their social standings. Can Anne and Desmond cross such a chasm and find mutual desire---or love?
I really liked The Blind Cupid. When it looked like Anne and Desmond weren't going to work out, I was chanting over and over, "They have to be together, they have to be together." Their story was actually pretty sweet, and I couldn't help but love Desmond. I really liked his show a vulnerability at points, it showed that he wasn't as unfeeling as he lets on. I can't wait to read the next books in this series.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Living in a small town in a corner of Ontario, Canada, I wile away my spare time writing and reading romance. As long as I can avoid being hit by a runaway moose here in this wilderness paradise, I assume everything is golden. Originally from the east coast of Canada.

I've been happily married for a long time to my own hero. His encouragement keeps me moving forward.


Disclaimer: This review was originally posted in 2013 to my book blogs, Zodiac Book Reviews and A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment